Where I Have Been Map

Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer in Cyprus! Our new pet kitten?

I love the sun. I cannot get enough of it, if they made houses made completely out of windows -that wasn't a huge notice to steal everything you could clearly see inside, or an health hazard to fly by birds- I would definitely live in one. So far that has been my favorite thing about Cyprus. I'm sitting in my new apartment in Cyprus, just barely recovering from Jet Lag, and the huge windows in every corner let in so much sun. I could seriously sun bath in my bed if I wanted to.

Leaving the States last Wednesday seems like such a long time ago. But in reality we lost a day due to the 8 hour time change. It's actually hard to believe that I am resting up before dinner while my sister back in Tennessee is probably dead to the world asleep for another 4 hours.

The plane ride actually flew by... (haha literally). The only boring part was sitting in the Nashville airport waiting for the group to arrive. I kept myself entertained by singing to myself. My Aunt had just told me before they dropped me off that she thought the words to the song "Get your freak on" actually said "Get your free thong". So I found myself quietly singing "Get your free thong, get your free thong, getcha getcha getcha free thong" while sitting next to some elderly women who gave me some confused glances every now and then.

Nashville to Chicago was a breeze. The next flight was much longer, but with in-flight movies at our fingertips it only took 3 mushy love films to get to London. We only had 2 hours to get through customs and re-check our bags in London, and of course the custom line zig zagged back and fourth for what seemed like a mile. Tired and delirious, each of us started glancing around the bare room to find something to entertain us. That is when I discovered that the line that said "iris recognition" did NOT mean they were going to scan our eyeballs, but instead was a line for the I.R.I.S. in the UK.

We made our Cyprus flight with 10 minutes to spare. And after a 40 minutes bus ride from the airport, unpacked in our new home.

Later that night after briefly exploring the campus, we hit the hay while a few girls went out on the town. I woke up randomly at 3 AM and could not go back to sleep. So instead I walked to our living room after hearing the girls get back in. However, instead of the girls, the first thing I saw was a tiny little kitten.

But it wasn't Santa Claus who brought us a new pet, it was Dina and Hailey who brought us a stray kitten complete with fleas :) None of us had the heart to throw the kitten outside after it had wandered up to Dina and Hailey outside the apartment. Instead we gave him a bath and he is currently residing next door in room 208. I don't know what we will end up doing with Mr. Kitty... but if we got a random pet cat after only one night here.. I can't imagine what will happen next.

No comments: